• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long shot - anyone have a copy of the Quick Reference Card for Adobe Illustrator 8.0 for Mac?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I urgently need this and will pay if needed!  (even a scanned e-copy would work if you cannot give up the one you have...)  I haven't had luck finding it anywhere online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi Srishti,

In the Nineties every product documentation contained a Quick reference card. Usually it was folded cardboard, had a screenshot of the toolbar with names of the tools. It had a list of most relevant shortcuts and sometimes even some tips on how to use important tools like the pen tool.

If you can get a PDF of this Quick reference card I would be interested too 🙂

Here is an image from an ebay auction: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RmYAAOSw1BlZTl4V/s-l1600.jpg

(the item has already been

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ellenp,

Please elaborate "Copy of quick reference card for Adobe Illustrator 8.0". Are you looking for subscription key or information?

Illustrator 8 is an end on life product and Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product  (e.g., localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products)

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

In the Nineties every product documentation contained a Quick reference card. Usually it was folded cardboard, had a screenshot of the toolbar with names of the tools. It had a list of most relevant shortcuts and sometimes even some tips on how to use important tools like the pen tool.

If you can get a PDF of this Quick reference card I would be interested too 🙂

Here is an image from an ebay auction: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RmYAAOSw1BlZTl4V/s-l1600.jpg

(the item has already been sold)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika/Cactus Cowboy,

Thanks for the information, it is really appreciable.

I tried to open your link however it not working any more could you please share the scanned PDF again.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg your pardon for my unasked intervention, srishtib8795206, but I think it may be Cowboy’s well-considered intention to not publicly share his document until he knows that he does not infringe a copyright. Otherwise, he may run the risk of getting sentenced and tortured to life imprisonment in the Eastern State Penitentiary.

In other words, don’t you have access to some kind of archive to look at those marvelous Quick Reference cards and do you perhaps know someone at Adobe who may be able to decide if Cowboy can share it or not share it here on the Illustrator forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm monitoring the discussion folks and still have the PDF ready to roll. I would really like to share it as there does seem to be enough interest. I'm just waiting for someone with Authority from Adobe to clear me and I'll publish the link okay...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish Adobe would hurry up,

I've got my printer waiting to bootleg the rare card, and I'll sell them on my local market for big ££££

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one in their right mind would pay a dime for a copy of this document unless foolish with their money. OTOH, the real thing; now that's different and I have the REAL thing! If your intent was to help then you failed. My intention was/is to help someone who may need the information because they have the software and still use it for some reason or another not for anyone to make a profit. It is with the knowledge of knowing individuals exist who are like minded as yourself with rhetoric like yours that I'm asking Adobe's permission in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that Ray's statement was just harmless british humour. It is often misunderstood and it is often underestimated. But it's often wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree Kurt if not for that second sentence in which case he could have just keep it to himself. Goes to show how different we Americans are from our cousins across the great pond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The front page of the card from Monica link.

It looks nice,

Maybe Adobe could do one for the latest releases too, that users could download and print off,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made the decision not to post the "Window's version of Illustrator 7.0 Quick Reference Card PDF" whither or not Adobe gives me consent. Therefore I consider my part in this discussion and affair at an end. My apologies to all concerned or affected. I just wanted to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a real shame, cactus cowboy. i hope it wasn't only Ray's comment that put you off, because he was just joking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cactus Cowboy,

Sorry for the long delay - just stumbled upon this thread as I'm reviewing posts. I don't see any harm in creating a permanent post with a scan of this document. Can you DM me and I can put it up on the resources in the FAQ pod if you're still up to it?

Let me reach out to the Illustrator team and see if someone has any of the other reference cards! It would be a great addition to the community to have them. Thanks for offering to share.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was simply looking for the quick reference card, as stated in my OP.  But I think it's not available anywhere, and I've just given up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Quick Reference Card for Adobe Illustrator 7.0 windows. If that will help let me know and I'll scan it for you (or anyone that might need it.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the scanned pdf of Windows Adobe Illustrator 7.0 Quick Reference Card: Window Adobe Illustrator 7.0 Ref Card2.pdf - Google Drive

Get it while you're able to as I'll only keep it up for a short period. I don't see why anyone would want it as the card and software is practically useless and older than...well, you know.

uh-oh, I just had an epiphany! I'd better ask a Staff or ACP member if it's ok with Adobe to make this pdf doc accessible. So until they give me a thumbs up or down I've removed the document and link. What say ye Adobe yea or nay? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Cactus Cowboy!

Would be awesome if this could be allowed.

ACPs are not staff, so we can't give you thumbs-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Monika you rescued me from feeling like I was left holding the phone. Tell ya what I'll leave the PDF on my desktop a couple of days and if a staff member don't answer either way I'll take that as a no and just delete the file. How's that sound; fair enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links, but this thread is more about history than efficiency 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines