• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing saved workspace in Illustrator Beta after updates

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed the latest update to Illustrator Beta (Win 11) and I have lost my saved Workspace, my saved Brush Libraries and Saved Default Font. 
Anybody got any tips on how to avoid this in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Edit > My settings > Export.

And then import them.

You can also check where to put this stuff: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dan O'Connell,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with losing your saved workspace and settings in Illustrator Beta after updates. While this issue can be bothersome, as Monika shared above, there's a workaround that you can try to retain your preferences and here is another:

• Make a backup copy of your preferences. You can do this by locating the preferences folder on your computer and creating a backup copy of it.

• If your preferences get reset after an update, you can then copy your backed-up preferences back into the appropriate folder. This should restore your settings to what they were before the update.

Here's the location of the preferences folder on different operating systems:

• Windows: C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Beta 28 Settings\
  • macOS: /Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator Beta 28 Settings/

Please replace "[Username]" with your actual username.

By following this approach, you can prevent the frustration of having to redo all your preferences each time Illustrator Beta updates.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines