Exit

Lost personalised settings & files after Illustrator 2021 update

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Hoping someone, anyone can help!!!

I've just updated my Adobe Illustrator to 2021 but have lost my personalised workspace preset and some brush files. 

I've tried searching for them in Applications (Mac) but I've not been able to find anything to recover.  I've even checked in my Recycle Bin.   Does anyone know if/how I can get them back?

I'm gutted 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

The personalized workspaces can get lost on updating, because most of the time youneed toreset preferences. This should not affect your custom brushes though.

Is there still an Illustrator Application support folder in your user folder?

See the locations in here: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

In case you haven't saved them tothe default location, try and search for the names on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The personalized workspaces can get lost on updating, because most of the time youneed toreset preferences. This should not affect your custom brushes though.

Is there still an Illustrator Application support folder in your user folder?

See the locations in here: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

In case you haven't saved them tothe default location, try and search for the names on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Thanks for your response. 

No, the Illustrator application is missing from MacOs User > Library > Adobe.

I can't remember the reason why but Creative Cloud prompted me to uninstall and reinstall which led me to updating the software.   From the looks of it my presets were saved within the Illustrator 2020 file within applications but it's missing and I can't recover the files from the recycle bin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The path is:

Your user folder > Library > Application support > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator [Version]

Check if the folder for the previous version still exists. Usually it doesn't get deleted when there is custom content in it.

If it's not there: do you have Time Machine turned on?

If not, then why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines