Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Monterey 12.4 Illustrator Frequent Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running Illustrator on an M1 MAX Mac Studio. Crash Log Info is attached. 

Running Illustrator Version: 25.4.3 

I have uninstalled the most recent version of the software, and downgraded to 25.4.3

The software seems to crash when I start work on the system in the morning after the system has been idle all night.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the M1 Macs you're going to be much better off if you run the most up to date version of Illustrator (26.3.1). This is because ever since the M1 came out there has been constant catch up with the Creative Cloud apps in terms of full compatibility with the M1. Also, I would suggest deleting your Illustrator preferences no matter which version of Illustrator that you dectde to use. This will put the program back to its defaults which should be helpful with the crashing issues that you've mentioned.

To delete preferences on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which Illustrator’s preferences are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that Illustrator is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N).With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the folder called “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and the file called “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist” and delete both that folder and that file. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files in this manner is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill!

Thank you so much for your reply. I was running the latest version of AI: 26.3.1, and still crashing. However, I did not delete the preferences in the method that you described. I only selected to delete prefences via the program's prompt during uninstallation.

I will uninstall, then delete the prefernces via Library folder as you described, and reinstall with 26.3.1.

I'll keep this thread updated with my findings. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Scott22986054l8oi,

We are sorry about the crashing. I know that's really frustrating. In addition to @Bill Silbert suggestion, you may also try the most popular solutions which we have consolidated in this helpx article and can help in fixing this issue. If it doesn't help, would you mind sending the crash report as suggested in this helpx article? If yes, please ensure that you use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community while submitting the crash report. This will help us find the crash report, and we can assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines