Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Mouse issues after Sierra update

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are there other people that are experiencing issues with their magic mouse in Photoshop and Illustrator after the Sierra update?

It seems like my mouse has become waaaayy more sensitive.

It makes it almost impossible to zoom in accurately and to move objects while holding shift.

This wasn't the case with El Capitan.

I've checked my settings but nothing odd there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Just installed the latest Macos update and Adobe apps are finally working fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. I've also noticed it's present in InDesign and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for me. It's a nightmare to work in adobe since the macOS Sierra update. The mouse seems super sensitive, it's impossible to control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 3 user experiences so far, but no one mentions which version of Illustrator is being used. A nightmare for any troubleshooter.

I'm just testing Illustrator CS5.5 on Sierra and cannot confirm your issues with the magic mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues with CS5.5 on Sierra, El Capitan, and Yosemite, Kurt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Yosemite, so I can't tell, Jacob.

With El Capitan I had no troubles, at least nothing that would be worth mentioning.

Sierra is running on a Mac Mini just for a couple of hours. I think it would be a bit overhasty to claim there are no issues with CS5.5.

Wait and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC2015, latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on the latest version (CC 2015.3.1 – 20.1.0)

The easiest way for me to reproduce this is to:

1. Open or create a new Illustrator file
  2. Hold the option key and scroll using the magic mouse to zoom in and out

The problem is that instead of zooming in controllable steps, the smallest movement will zoom in or out by an uncontrollable amount – for example from 100% to 6400% with just the slightest touch.

As I mentioned earlier, this issue is also present in other CC2015 software (I also use InDesign and After Effects where this issue is also present.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 2015.3, Photoshop CC 2015.5, InDesign CC 2015, and After Effects 2015.3 are all a scrolling nightmare in Sierra. Of course, had I known this could be a problem, I wouldn't have updated yet.

I work in Adobe programs all day every day and have never before been so aware of how often I zoom. PLEASE for the love of god, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue under Mac OS Sierra. I found it in Illustrator (2015.3.1) and After Effects (2015.3). I updated AE to (the latest - version 13.8.1.38) and the problem is still there. In Photoshop 2015.5 it works properly. Please give us solution, because it absolutely impossible to live and work with it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone asked a similar question in the After Effects forum and a rep from Adobe has come back with a reply:

Re: Sierra Magic Mouse Scrolling / Zoom Issue

It sounds like 10.12 deals with gesture inputs differently to previous versions of macOS. Something they're looking into…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on issues.

Latest MacOS and CC. Alt dragging in illustrator is impossible now as zooms in and out.

Also very jumpy when cmd dragging objects to align.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too in addition to a very weird bug where there is a lag between clicking and moving an object. I will click and select an object and when I move my mouse, illustrator will treat it as if I'm clicking and dragging for a second before it realizes I had already released. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having the same issues - just upgraded today, it's immediately reproducible - make a new doc, draw two boxes, click to select one of them (normal click and release, not hold), move the mouse away from it, a half second later, the box is following the mouse like i'm dragging it even though I'm not, it'll let go of it in a random location, this is also happening with transform tools like rotate - this is making it ridiculously impossible to work in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my issue by resetting illustrator's prefs - hold Cmd+Option+Shift while launching, loses all settings but worth it being able to click on things, and rotate things again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset illustrators preferences, but it doesn't fixed my issue. I have Illustrator CC 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with jumpy zooming when I'm dragging objects with pressed shift and alt (option key) - illustrator, photoshop cc, macos sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who works in AI all day this problem is killing me. Anytime my finger gets anywhere near the Magic Mouse 2 the screen slightly bounces all over the place. I just switched back to the original Magic Mouse and the problem is a lot less severe. So we are going backwards in Mac technology, awesome.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as well. Illustrator CC2015.3 and macOS Sierra. Magic Mouse Alt + Scroll Zoom is insanely sensitive. Shift + Drag objects jumps all over the screen. I've completely lost any sense of workflow with these issues. We definitely need a solution ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for now is surely to accept that being an early adopter on your main or only machine was a mistake, and to roll back the System. Surely this early in the life of a new system we should only be using it on tests systems, for unimportant work? Even once a problem has been identified, fixes are months away, not days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name schrieb:

The solution for now is surely to accept that being an early adopter on your main or only machine was a mistake, and to roll back the System. Surely this early in the life of a new system we should only be using it on tests systems, for unimportant work? Even once a problem has been identified, fixes are months away, not days.

The problem is that Apple has declared Sierra an important security fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a problem with a USB-wired Microsoft laser mouse with a scroll wheel.  This device (needed for three other systems beside a Macbook) has a wheel that is not smooth-rolling, but jumps a 'notch' at a time.  Here is what happens in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015.17.20053) - Each notch to move down a page (as it used to do), now goes:  Down one page, down one page, down one page, up one page, up one page.  ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its driving me crazy! If I'm near a menu, things scroll up or down insanely (fonts, font sizes, colour pickers, stroke widths, etc) and selecting multiple items is like Russian roulette. Popping all over the artboard, jumping around. I tried adjusting the mouse preferences (no difference) then I gave up and plugged in an old USB PC mouse with a scroll wheel. So far that is letting me get things done with the limited functionality of the old mouse, but at least I can control it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, the mouse is much more sensitive.

I am using a Wacom tablet and it is almost unusable. Things like when you click to select a text frame it sees it has a double tap and goes into the text frame to edit it.

macOS Sierra version 10.2

illustrator CC 20.1.0

Please fix asap 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS 10.12.1 Beta appears to resolve this issue.

Of course, by installing the public beta you could be introducing more bugs – but this particular one was driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines