Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Mouse issues after Sierra update

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are there other people that are experiencing issues with their magic mouse in Photoshop and Illustrator after the Sierra update?

It seems like my mouse has become waaaayy more sensitive.

It makes it almost impossible to zoom in accurately and to move objects while holding shift.

This wasn't the case with El Capitan.

I've checked my settings but nothing odd there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Just installed the latest Macos update and Adobe apps are finally working fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and spent an hour and a half with Adobe Tech Support sharing my screen only for them to disappear on me. It’s happening in Illustrator and Indesign for me. Driving me absolutely insane! Went through everything with Apple before contacting Adobe so not sure where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with Illustrator CC 2015.3.1 on iMac with FD and 16 GB Ram. After updating to MacOS Sierra it's pain in the ass working with Illustrator and Magic Mouse 2. Zooming via alt+mouse scroll doesn't work properly. The workspace moves arbitrarily in any direction while using the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the solution is already posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, saw that but not sure where to download beta version or willing to open myself to other bugs? This is the first time I’ve had a real problem with an upgrade and thought that it would of been tested before release. Apple should issue an update if the problem is with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a brief twitter interaction I had w/ Adobe customer service, the issue is on Apple's end, and they are working toward a fix. No ETA at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly Apple will issue an update. A public beta of 10.12.1 Is the first step towards that. A risky one, but Suerra itself was a risky step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the latest Macos update and Adobe apps are finally working fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you install Beta or Release version? Don't see any update in App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The public version 10.12.1

I live in France, maybe it depends on your location for the availability of the release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update appeared shortly after I posted my message.

Also updated to 10.12.1. The mouse works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes having the same issue. Many programs can no longer tell the difference between clicking and dragging. To select an item I have to carefully lift the mouse off of the mat and "click" - otherwise Illustrator and photoshop (and other non adobe programs) just drag or nudge the item. I'm on 10.12.1 - and am struggling to do the simplest tasks. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just setting up a new iMac running 10.12.1 and PSE 15.0. Since I am new to macOS and PSE 15.0, I wasn't sure if I had a bad mouse or a software problem. After reading this discussion I believe that Apple still has a problem (and maybe Adobe also). Just a simple thing like selecting a group of photos (click first photo, shift-click last photo) gives unpredictable results. Sometimes I get all the photos, sometimes I get the first and last photo. Sooner or later I can make the selection, but it takes many more tries than it should.

Once I have made a selection and try to perform an action on the selection (like remove person), most of the time the selection disappears. Either the application, the mouse, or macOS is not interpreting the mouse clicks appropriately (too sensitive?).

I'm not experiencing similar mouse issues with other applications such finder, mail, Safari, etc, so maybe Adobe needs to do more investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the apple magic mouse on the latest version of OSX and CC 2017 is like having a schizophrenic in control

I find the same issue in both illustrator and indesign where I do a lot of Shift+Alt + Drag to duplicate content, sometimes things act normal most times I have major freakouts, that are in themselves inconsistent.

In the main, content zooms all the way in and stays zoomed in when you mouse release click and keyboard keys OR it'll zoom in during the click and drag and then zoom all the way out on mouse release click and keyboard keys.

Pretty fundamental incompatibility – I'm surprised this wasn't picked up by those performing beta testingScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 11.12.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why haven't you updated to 10.12.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already on 10.12.2 and still have the same issue. The mouse is hyper sensitive to the point that (in certain programs) the only way to select an item (i.e. click the mouse) is to pysically lift it off the mat then click - otherwise the program thinks I'm dragging. This has started happening on two macs with two different mice - since Sierra. It is not just Adobe though - worst affected programs are 3d software that use dragging to change views - clicking on any item just changes the view - and selection is practically impossible.

There has obviously been a change in mouse sensitivity in the OS - just wish there were some settings to adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heyprestoltd schrieb:

There has obviously been a change in mouse sensitivity in the OS - just wish there were some settings to adjust.

Then maybe it's time to ask Apple about it. Because it may be their settings that need adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to OSX 10.12.2 (16C67) which (fingers crossed) seems to have stopped the issue I was experiencing. So that concludes to me that it was an issue with Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is still apparent in many ways. For example if you have a layer marked in Photoshop and then want to move it. If you do not hover exactly about the layer content (which can be hard if it's a thin typeface or small detail) then it changes to another layer.

This problem is not Adobes fault. It's the same when you are using for example Keynote and the problem started after the upgrade to Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines