• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic wand won't select anything?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator for the first time in general and the first time on a new computer incase any of that applies. The magic wand tool won't select anything, the layer is in RGB mode and I've tried many different color tolerances but nothing happens. Please help, the only reason I got a new computer was cause my old one couldn't handle Illustrator so I hope it wasn't a huge waste.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

I'm also new to Illustrator (6 years after this post was made...) and was having the same issue using the magic wand and vector images. I was able to fix my issue by going to View>Show Edges. The magic wand was selecting the matching fill-color items, but because the edges were turned off it looked like it wasn't selecting anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from playing with the tolerances, how are you using the tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to select all the black parts of an image, nothing too crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to select all the black parts of an image, nothing too crazy.

If you are working with vector shapes (and not a placed image) select one black shape and use Select > Same > Fill Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting with the Magic Wand you need to be clicking on a fill and or stroke vector. You may be able to better see if you are clicking the wand on a vector by entering Outline View.

Select with the Magic Wand | Adobe Illustrator CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also new to Illustrator (6 years after this post was made...) and was having the same issue using the magic wand and vector images. I was able to fix my issue by going to View>Show Edges. The magic wand was selecting the matching fill-color items, but because the edges were turned off it looked like it wasn't selecting anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines