• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maintain Strokes after 3D Effect / Illustrator 2022 v26.0.1

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly -- I apply a 3D Plane Effect (Off-Axis Right) to a shape. Now I want to keep that effect with the same stroke weight in the event the weight needs to change. I Render as Vector. Now my only option seems to be Expand Appearance. When I do that the stroke expands to two different shapes with strokes. Is there any way to 'expand' back to the original stroke with same width weight? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

I think you are better off if you use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic) > Rotate  (Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots that include the appearance panel. Also before & after etc.

Please embed them in your post, don't attach them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is 1) the initial artwork, 2) the artwork with a 3D Plane Effect added. After Render to Vector, it's still got a pixel/rastered look to it if you enlarge so I can't just use that, even in a PDF. Also my fish shape has a grey color. So my only choice, I think is to do 3) Expanding Appearance (there are no options, like Fill or Stroke" just Expand Appearance). I remove the top raster image away from the text area, and away from the oval check boxes (which were stroked). The individual text characters and stoked oval checkboxes are now two vector shapes each. PS. To tried to 'Expand....' but nothing opens or happens.

image.png

2 3D Plane Effect.png

3 Expand Appearance.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are better off if you use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic) > Rotate  (Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton, that works great and expands without the raster effect. I'll go that route going forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines