• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a photograph an editable object.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a specific problem. I want to take an image, place a vector distressed pattern over it, then have the paths of the distressed objects be able to delete parts of the image. I was able to do this before...but forgot how. Do I do this in Illust or Photo.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Photo(shop) and in Illustrator.

As per your vague description, in Illustrator you may use clipping masks, knockout groups or some other techniques. If that is not what you are looking for, you'd have to elaborate a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gocoug,

As it sounds to me, I believe you could have used a fully black pattern over the image, then selected both and in the Transparency palette clicked Make (Opacity) Mask with both Clip and Invert Mask unticked.

Or what Kurt said.

Edit: Hi Kurt, hay harvested at long last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some days I've surveyed the wild brambles in the hinterland, Jacob. It will be one of the most copious harvest I've ever seen. And a bit fiddly as always.

And dulcet, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines