• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making changes to an open dialog?

Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add/remove elements from a UI dialog while it is open.  Is this possible?  I've been able to add elements, but the dialog does not update to show the new elements.  I've tried the win.update() method with no luck.  I've also tried closing the window, then reopening it but javascript tells me that's illegal.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No takers?

Basically, what I'm wanting to do is create a dialog to add tags, edit tag values, and delete tags from a selected object.  However, I'm having issues for example when adding a tag to an object, to get the new tag to show up in the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what you are wanting then you can't do this with dialogs… Take info before showing, place new info after closing… You can not pass info back and forth while dialog is open…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So he should use "palette" as Window type, and use button to update values, and have to use BridgeTalk for palette to work within Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines