• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Sweeping Ligatures/Feet...Is there an easier way?

Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make sweeping ligatures at the base of my letters (attached), but it's a reaaaal pain. 

Is there an easier way to do this than create an anchor point on the leg and 'play' with bezier curves? I keep running into the corner round feature but it wants to control every shape of the letter. I got it to work once in the spot I wanted, but then lost it. I'm not even surethat was the right method.

Does anybody have a quicker way for this or know of any tutorials on making multiplied uniform ligatures? What I'm doing feels like hammering with a screwdriver. Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

You could create your own font. There are a number of apps for doing that.

Or, you could create just one legature and copy it to each letter where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create your own font. There are a number of apps for doing that.

Or, you could create just one legature and copy it to each letter where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create the ligature and copy it. Brilliant, then pathfind the stuff together. Love it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines