• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many users to on document?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for several users to work in the same document at the same time?

Or is it possible to notify user no 2 entering the document, that someone else has the document open and is working in it?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

From the help file:

• Simultaneous versus co-editing: In Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Fresco, only one collaborator can edit a cloud document at a time (called asynchronous editing). In Adobe XD, multiple collaborators can work on a cloud document at the same time and view changes in real time. Edits are saved as you work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the help file:

• Simultaneous versus co-editing: In Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Fresco, only one collaborator can edit a cloud document at a time (called asynchronous editing). In Adobe XD, multiple collaborators can work on a cloud document at the same time and view changes in real time. Edits are saved as you work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you.

The you tube video explained it very well and I have my answer now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Eydgerd5FFC,

Thanks for reaching out. As noted by Ton, only one collaborator can edit a cloud document at a time in Illustrator.

You may also vote for a feature request here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/).

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it then possible to set up so that the 2nd user entering the same document gets a notification, that there is someone else editing the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, but you can just try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do I set it up, so that the 2nd (or 3rd) user entering the same program gets a notification, that there allready is someone editing the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean document in the first line - not program 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if the person opening a document that is already being edited by someone else will get a notice.

I don't think you can set it up. You could do a test with someone to see if it works (or not).

It has always been a complicated  problem. What happens if one of the editors goes home and leaves the document open? What if he saves the document leaves it open and goes home? What if both editors try to save at the same time, who wins? Will there be a second version? Which is the one to continue with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is possible to set up in Word/Excell and Canvas (It was like this at my old workplace, but I did not set it up, so I don't know how). But when the 2nd user tries to gain access they will only be able to access a read only document and have to wait or notify the user of the document to save and close down, before the 2 nd user can gain access to a document that can be edited. Maybe I am not explaining this very well - english is my third language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are explaining it very well, just try with someone to work on the same test document and you will know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried. There is no notification to the 2nd user opening the same document as the 1st user. 

At least 2 users can edit in the same document as is - but only one can save their work - that is why we want the notification. But I don't know how to set it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Eydgerd5FFC,

Sorry to hear that. Kindly try the steps shared in this tutorial to set up collaboration using Cloud Documents in Illustrator and share your observations with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoN6o6OMEqs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am searching for but is it only possible to do this using Cloud Documents? 

Because all of our documents are saved in Google Drive - and are hundreds of folders containing Illustrator files, Excell files and PDF files, we don't use Cloud Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Eydgerd5FFC,

Thanks for the confirmation. There could be similar implementations in Google Drive / Dropbox etc. Kindly try contacting their support to set it up.

Please update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines