• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Art button gone in new 3D and Materials

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Ai a couple days ago. The new 3D and Materials window does not have the Map Art button. It does not show up when I search for it in the Help dropdown, either. Map Art was so simple, and it's exactly what I need right now. Is it gone forever? Is there a work around? I'm trying to map a jpeg to a 3D object.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

New readers should note that this was added to the new 3D effects during this year, under 'Materials':

DougARoberts_0-1666081849846.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Effect > 3D and materials > 3D (Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you, sir - i was about to have a heart attack when i couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok when you just want to use the Classic 3D, but I don't think you can combine the new Materials with Map Art right now..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the Substance tools to create materials that use your own artwork when you want it in the new 3D effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous that the mapping feature has been taken away from this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a work in progress. 

3D and Materials (Technology Preview)

Adobe continues to invest in new capabilities that would enhance the Illustrator experience. We would like you to participate and try out 3D and Materials feature and provide feedback. Please note that the feature is in Technology Preview, and hence some of the capabilities would evolve including performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE, bring back the 3D-mapping feature.  I know it's in the "Classic 3D" menu-link, but PLEASE put it the new 3D functionality. 

Obviously the term "Classic..." mean Adobe is about to get rid of it.  So please add 3D mapping back to the new 3D tool.   I use 3D mapping with Symbols ALL THE TIME.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously the term "Classic..." mean Adobe is about to get rid of it.  So please add 3D mapping back to the new 3D tool.   I use 3D mapping with Symbols ALL THE TIME.  

By @MarkReynolds

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

The engineers discuss over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry folks, removing a feature before you have figured out how to keep it with whatever "enhancements" you plan is ridiculous. As you are talking about "investments", do I get a refund while you are "enhancing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 3D features have been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This simple answer was amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the map art function to the new extrude and bevel option! 

In Illustrator Help, is says to click on the Map Art button, but there isn't one.... Am I missing something?

Sophie22948130ufuu_0-1643750788953.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the correct answer above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New readers should note that this was added to the new 3D effects during this year, under 'Materials':

DougARoberts_0-1666081849846.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines