• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging and cropping mutiple objects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apologies for what may be an idiot question.

I have a logo to create which I decided contains two elipses and a rounded rectangle

I created the three sections as below.

What I need to do is eliminate the black layer below the yellow so that the green shows. ie the colour sequence is black then yellow then green

I seem at a loss as to how to acheive this, am I approaching this is the wrong way

thanks

Ian

shapej.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

I'm not totally sure either - but I think if you use Pathfinder>Divide (breaks it all down into separate shapes based on the path intersections) and recolor the parts you want a certain color, you'll achieve what I think you're asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand what exactly you want to do, but you might want to take a look at the

- live paint tool

- Shaper tool

- or the shapebuilder tool.

Please read the documentation about them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Monica: I'm not sure I understood. 

However, you can try this way: select the black ellipse, use the eraser tool to remove the black layer below the yellow (hold down the ALT key to make a rectangular cut).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not totally sure either - but I think if you use Pathfinder>Divide (breaks it all down into separate shapes based on the path intersections) and recolor the parts you want a certain color, you'll achieve what I think you're asking.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

thanks one and all Shape finder was the tool I needed.

cheers

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines