Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing pantone colors?

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have my Pantone Solid Coated palette open in Illustrator but can't find the Pantone colors from 7548 to 8002 (they actually jump from 7547 to 8003, and I want to use 7737), my list is sorted by name.

The only thing I think might be the problem is that these have a transparant White value, and all the rest hasn't so maybe it's in another swatch ?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

@Leicon, which version of Ai are you using. From this query I can assume that you're using CS5/CS5.1 because you can easily find the 7737 in Pantone + libraries within Ai CS6. Extract the contents of this Pantone Plus file on to your hard drive following location to use the swatches you desire:

For windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Presets\en_US\Swatches\Color Books\

For Mac:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5/Presets/en_US/Swatches/Color Books/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leicon, which version of Ai are you using. From this query I can assume that you're using CS5/CS5.1 because you can easily find the 7737 in Pantone + libraries within Ai CS6. Extract the contents of this Pantone Plus file on to your hard drive following location to use the swatches you desire:

For windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Presets\en_US\Swatches\Color Books\

For Mac:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5/Presets/en_US/Swatches/Color Books/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS5 indeed. I will try with that Pantone Plus file and will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you copy the contents to the above mentioned folder, you'll see that inside color books library under Swatches panel, a list of Pantone+ color libraries show up. Choose Pantone+ Solid Coated for your purpose. From the flyout menu of Pantone color library, choose "Show Find Field" and then search for the 7737.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that was the solution, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question..... Is there anyway you can re-upload that file? ^^ PLSSSSSSSS haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go get it from the Pantone site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can one find it on the Pantone site? I've been searching the site and can't find it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Pantone has actually pulled the download from their website.  You can see if the trial of the Pantone Color Manager or whatever will export them, if not, someone can probably upload them for you.

I was hoping that Illustrator CC would have the Pantone+ Libraries already updated to include the new 336 colors in the main library instead of separate but I don't believe it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to this?  I need to specify Pantone 2187U/C and I can't find it anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just set up a spot color and give it any name you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. PMS 2378 or PMS 2380. Customers are requesting I use the colors and its in my PMS book but not in Illustrator. I can't create the color in Illustrator as I don't know the Lab or CMYK values to make it. This is killing me. Why is Illustrator not supporting Pantone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Pantone Color Manager from Pantone. You can register it with a key inside your printed color book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Pantone Coated Library downlaod as of July 14/2015

PANTONE+ Solid Coated.acb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like it is just the most updated version of the Pantone Color Manager + Coated LAB value export.  All of the Pantone Color Manager's most updated versions export with a -V2 on the end and can be exported with a LAB or RGB value for the Coated/Uncoated version.  I don't understand why Adobe keeps releasing these CC editions and continues to not update their swatch libraries with the most recent version and instead the versions that are missing 300+ colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Or why you need Pantone Color Manager to get it. Should just be able to download the current libraries, or just be included in the latest software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank! you also for the case that library PANTONE solid uncoated.acb updated to 2015?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Over a year later and this came up in my search. Any chance you have the uncoated as well? Its so frustrating I purchased the books, but I must be putting my serial number in wrong because it wont let me access the new color manager. I contacted Pantone support about it, but in the meantime I've been losing time on this project because I don't have the right colors. So I was thrilled to find this in my search! Thank you again for posting it. I'm hopeful Pantone gets back to me but I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colour manager worked for me but I also had the same problem and nothing seemed to fix it, including a 2 hour call from pantone. After typing in my serial number I downloaded colour manager and then deleted all my colour libraries from the folder (mac) then copied and pasted new libraries and Whaaaaaammmmy, the colours magically re-appeared after a restart of illustrator and no more embarrassing calls from production teams asking why I'm using "close enough" colours or colours that I've made up from formulas.

Pantone tells me this is an issue that they have had due to the enforcing of pirating software, making it more difficult for people to get a hold of these colours and libraries when getting software from the black market .....or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directions for downloading PANTONE Color Manager to your computer (#1-5), and its color books to your Adobe Programs (#6-8)

1. Go to myPANTONE - product registration
  2. Register your Pantone product using the PANTONE Registration Code on the back of your product (combo of numbers and letters on mine)
  3. The page will navigate to PANTONE Color Manager download link. You will also receive this in your email.
  4. Download the PANTONE Color Manager - you will need to restart your computer
  5. Open the program and follow any prompts for program updates
  6. Locate the book you want to download by navigating with the Fan Deck button in the lower right corner (looks like the color book fanned out)
  7. Do one of the following:
    1. If it's a PANTONE COLOR BRIDGE book, click File > Export > (Choose program) > CMYK
    2. If its any of the other books (NOT color bridge), click File > Export > (Choose program) > LAB
  8. Your color book will appear in the program you selected in step 7 in format "[COLORBOOK]-V3"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Your answer was the most useful. I couldn't find Pantone 2192 in Illustrator, having it in my Pantone book. I've used your manual and has been succeeded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, just to add to this - if you get a failed to export note this is the reason why.

It's usually due to the permissions of the respective Adobe program you're trying to export to. The most common reason for a failed export is the administrative permissions set to the Adobe program which can also effect the saving of file. Close out of all Adobe programs.   Then please ensure that they software has access to the presets folder of the adobe applications. The updated adobe applications are locking the folder in the Applications folder. Right click on the Adobe Application folder in the Applications folder and select Get Info.  See the image below which is of InDesign but all Adobe programs will look the same. Unlock the access permissions and set everyone to ‘read and write’ permission and be sure to apply this to all the subfolders but clicking on settings and selecting ‘apply to enclosed items’. (this requires admin access to allow this.) Once this is complete please try and export from PCM to Adobe programs. This should allow you correct access to the colours you are looking for.

unnamed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with iIustrator CS and can not find in the books of the Pantone PMS2324 can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS as in CS 1?

You might try if the Pantone Color Manager can export libraries for that version. It's free if you have a printed swatches book with a serial number in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines