• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing "Replace all" feature when updating links

Explorer ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the current illustrator 28.5 and I am now missing the replace all when I open a file and have to replace links. 

Also when I do replace the link it doesn't find all the missing links that are in the same folder. It used to update automatically when missing files were in the same folder. 

This is very frustrating when doing press sheets with multiple files and I've used this feature frequently as I've had to use the same file as a template and update multiple images it was an easy way to change out artwork from one image to another. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience. The Product Team has informed us that this was intentionally removed because of the relinking option. You can learn more about it here (https://adobe.ly/3Vs2LvE).

However, we will pass your feedback to the team. You can also upvote and share the feedback directly with the Product Team on this UserVoice: (https://adobe.ly/4emTpdg).

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Found this guy on YouTube that created a script to help solve the problem and it worked for me. Hopefully it works for you. Not sure why they would remove such a useful tool. Here is the link the YouTube guy. Good luck

https://youtu.be/DaKv0NqTD88?si=ElQf-0ME1252512W 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Plus I will add... when you have multiple items selected to relink, it is inconsistant with it's behavior. It sometimes will ask to replace each item, one right after another, and sometimes you will be forced to replace them one at a time by reselecting each individual item and selecting the link button. This is a monumental pain in the backside. It has taken a highly productive way to update files and trippled the amount of time it takes to create a layout! FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello friends,
As someone who works especially on packaging and assembly, I cannot understand why a feature that was very useful to us users has been removed. Unfortunately, for this reason I am still using the old version Ilustrator. We pay the fee and get a new version, but since Adobe does not offer a solution, we have to use the old version. Why was this feature removed? What is Adobe aiming for by removing this fast and time-saving feature for end users? I hope they return to this understanding as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is a monopolistic mentality! Do they want to make it easier for other companies to sell their assembly programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines