• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing toolbar palette in illustrator CS5.5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CS5.5 onto my mac and all of my programs work except for illustrator.  Every time i open it up the toolbar on the left hand side is missing. Anyone know how i can get it back so i can access those tools?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Menu: Window>Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Tool bar is responsive, but options in the tool bar are not appearing. Such as I can't make a circles, use scissors, pen tool there is only on option. Basically any tool that has the triangle in the lower right corner the options don't appear.

I tried resetting preferences via Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator.  Did not work.

The second option -  I can't locate my Adobe Illustrator Prefs file. Can you explain exactly where those files are located? I did a general search for those files no luck locating them. I read somewhere that these files are located in the library folder in an adobe folder but did not see them. See screen shot. How long does it take to uninstall and reinstall the program? Will this even help my program. I don't know what else to do.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 5.43.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use windows myself

i think this is the path

<startup drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't locate:

Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

I even did a search in my finder for any of the words in this path. No luck. Screen shot of what's I find. Is it possible I may not have the files on my computer?

I am missing something in the Preferences folder?

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.33.58 PM.png

I click in the CS5.5 and there is only a legal document. Should I uninstall and restall the software?

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.35.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe something like this

Users

then library

Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

HOW TO: delete preferences Adobe illustrator on Mac Yosemite - YouTube

might as well try and reinstall if deleting the preferences doesn't work.

or

You could start a new thread, here stating exactly  your problem, operations system etc

maybe it might get more views that way , rather than burried at the bottom of this one old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing happe to me and I just figured it out. I had accidentally switched to ESSENTIALS... I switched back to ESSENTIALS CLASSIC and my tool bar reappeared. It’s located in the window at the top next to search Adobe Stock. I hope this is a fix for anyone else who may not know how their toolbar disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CBecks13

I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you, but it won't help the OP. This question was asked on Nov 11, 2011 about CS5, which did not have the Essentials Classic workspace. That's new in CC 2018.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines