• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Warp Effects in tool bar?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  Working on a business machine and can't seem to locate the quick access Warp Effects buttons that I remember living in the top menu bar, around here:

25-11-2021 13-35-29.png

I know I can access them via Effects, but the menu bar solution was convenient to work with.  Any ideas as to how to expose them?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with any effects being available from the Control bar. Which ones do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were present in the top tool bar as pictured above.  They appeared as icons for these functions. 

25-11-2021 16-06-26.png

I have a feeling this is a change from the 2021 UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As lambiloon indicated, you'll see them if you have a distortion envelope selected:

Screenshot 2021-11-25 162224.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I recall this existing when simply working with ordinary vector shapes.  No worries, I can live without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out why it went missing? in the middle of my work its seemingly just gone. Everyone trying to gaslight you in the replies is stressing me out because theres no fix, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it appears in the Control panel after I have applied an envelope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no, never found it since. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there must also be room in the control panel and Envelope Distort must be activated in th Control panel menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not see this menu when an envelope is selected? Or do you mean something else?

DougARoberts_0-1702295868511.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, this is what I see in the UI:

2023-12-13_13-58-53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of a mesh, use Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Warp. Then that menu will be available from the Control bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Doug.  I appreciate your input.  I simply use Effect/Warp from the main control panel.

My original (ancient) post was that the UI in the control panel offered a visual (icon) option of the warps to choose from.  They're just not there anymore.  Showing my age perhaps. 😅  It doesn't matter, not a game changer in any way.   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't feel obliged to reply if you are no longer invested in this, but I am interested to get to the bottom of what you might be describing.

Did it look like my screenshot above? I can only check as far back as CC2017, but when selecting an envelope is the only time those warp options appear in the control bar. Warp effects don't in any version I have access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug, I could simply have imagined it.  I've been using Illustrator since 1997, so perhaps it was in an older version??  

That said, I'm not even seeing Envelope Distort in the control bar, I get this pop up window instead (see below):

2023-12-14_15-05-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you apply the warp, the options should be visible when the envelope is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Warp from Effect > Warp will never show in  the Control Panel.

The Warp from Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Warp.. will show after applying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, after application.  OK I got it.  Thanks for the advice, I should have known this.  👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wrap effect is present in object > envelope distort > make with warp...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you are not confusing it with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines