• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockup feature won't work (greyed out)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm trying to use the new Beta feature "Mockup" but it's greyed out. I've followed the same steps as someone in a youTube video but mine doesn't work.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Image type etc?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Experiment , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please discuss beta features in the beta channels. Either the online forum or the Slack channel. This thread will likely be deleted soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to that please? This support forum isn't the best to navigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please apply for it at: https://www.adobeprerelease.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Not sure that's what I was after but appreciate the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure that both your mockup image and your graphic are selected first, then go to Object > Mockup > Make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jess. Yeah tried different combos with transparency, selecting all, selecting separate layers etc etc. worked once and then never again.

Can not work it out. Yours is working okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should all be on the same layer. Transparency shouldn't matter either (but could).
What file types are you using?
I've only tested it so far with jpegs and vectors and haven't run into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both jpg and png but same result. Tried to rasterise when it wasn't working but no change.

I'll try again with the next update. Thanks for getting back to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Question... From your screenshot, what type of file/asset is this? Have all of your attempts included a linked file?

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 6.35.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and mine shows "linked file" as shown in your screenshot.  I clicked and dragged my file (the base image I've tried jpg and png files, the top file I tried png files that I created using Illustrator) into illustrator.  Is there another way it should be done? or how can I fix it when it's already in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a photo and then a vector artwork on top.

Please check out this video: https://youtu.be/daUFF0NdprM 

How to get the beta and some mockup photos and how to use the mockup function. What works and what doesn't work. Please do not use your original file with beta software (this applies to all beta software, not just Illustrator). Always make copies of your work. Save often. 0:00 Intro 0:13 Where to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have seen this video before but in the video all her files are already in the document.  My base file is a photo and the top file I've tried using a png and the ai version of the file, are those not considered vector files? Or am I bringing them into my artboard wrong and that's why it's saying "linked file" instead? If so, what's the proper way to bring them in other than click and drag them in from my Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label can only be vector artwork. A placed PNG is not vector artwork. If the label artwork is in a different file, then you can copy it from there and paste into the file with the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, I think I got it...I exported my file to an svg and it worked! Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines