• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor Color Issue After Window 10 Update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that this might be more of a Windows-related issue, although I've drilled way down into their forums and can't find a definitive answer.

I recently updated Windows from version 1803 to 1909 and my monitor colors have since become dull and washed out. I've also noticed severe banding in my AI color picker window. I work with an NEC, IPS monitor with 99% Adobe RGB, which I calibrate with a Spyder X Pro calibration tool and updated software.

I called Sypder and they suggested that I uninstall and reinstall their software. I also delete all of the original files and folders. None of that corrected the problem. I work with two monitors, both of which are showing the same problem, so it not them. I also reinstalled my graphics card drivers, trouble-shot the hardware, and physically checked it for dust and air circulation. Everything is working fine.

The Windows forums have all complained about this update issue, although no one seems to know how to correct it. Has anyone here encountered this and, if so been able to correct it?

Thanks in advance,

KC

Windows-Color-Problem.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you actually generated new profiles with your Spyder? Windows is quite picky these days and color profiles from earlier versions get easily invalidated and/or marked as incompatible legacy profiles. Dig into your system color manegement console and start by deleting your old colro profiles and start with a clean slate.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have generated new files, although I have not deleted the old ones. I'll try that. I just got off the phone with both Datacolor and NEC, and now I have several other things I can try. If I resolve the problem, I will post it here as well. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines