• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Wheel / Pan Tool causing max zoom out to 3.13% (NOT animated zoom issue)

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i have a moust wheel, but when i try to pan by holding the wheel - it will randomly zoom all the way out to see the full extents of the canvas at about 3.13% percent.

I can't seem to replicate the motion to diagnose what's going on exactly. Things I've tried:

• searching the entire internet to find someone else having issue... zero luck
  • press and hold wheel and move slow or fast to see if that triggers it
  • uncheck and check and uncheck again animated zoom

i'm in architectur and used to the wheel for zoom command, and hold for pan, so its hard to train my brain to pan using key command but maybe i just need to suck it up...

anyways its just maddening that i can't figure out what the issue is tho so if anyone knows what's up, then i can sleep better at night

thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom with mouse wheel in the preferences is turned off?

Is there a special mouse driver installed (USB Overdrive or the like)

Which system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @alysva,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I hope it is resolved by now. If not, I would request you to share a few details along with the ones asked by Monika:

• Exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • When did this start happening?
  • Have there been any recent changes made to your computer (OS Update/ Antivirus/ Plug-Ins)?
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files?

Also, I would request you try running Illustrator in Safe Mode (macOS / Windows) and share your observations with us.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines