Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move only one handle of control point tuck back completely inside anchor

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 
I see partial answers to this question online, but not a full answer. I'm sure it's been addressed before, but I cannot find the thread to save me. The ANCHOR POINT TOOL allows us to move one control handle at a time independently, I think I use to remember how to get one side, or one handle to tuck back into the anchor point, completely hidden in a snapping manner. Currently if I use the anchor point tool to move one handle point back into the little square I'm eye balling it back to 0,0 and I'm guessing there is a hot key or additional key to hold down with the anchor point tool to get it to quantize snap and hide completely inside the anchor point. Or maybe I'm going about this entirely in the wrong manner in the first place. Any suggetions? Thanks 

ATTACHED IMAGE: In the image below, as an example, I want to drag the shorter handle, tuck or retract it back fully into the little anchor point square, so it snaps fully out of sight. 

get handle tucked in fully.JPG

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Just click the handle with the anchor point tool does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Electrohermit,

Smart Guides are your friends (View dropdown). You can choose how much they are (over)doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart guides are great, but I've found over the years, when drawing complex shapes I move faster just turning off smart guides. Smart guides work great in the early foundation of a file, but with finer details, I eventually switch it off. Thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Electrohermit,

I apologize for my sloppy (non reading main part) viewing of the question, assuming a continuous workflow with the Direct Selection Tool (just seeing the heading, the image, and the second paragraph spotting the word "snaps").

For accuracy of finer details I like the easy snapping with Smart Guides; you can set a low snapping tolerance. I agree that Smart Guides can sometimes be disturbing, like a chatter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, totally agree. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to follow up with another solution to hiding or tucking just one of the control handles back into the anchor point. If you are in Smart Guides mode, clicking with the direct selection tool on just one handle will allow you to move it back toward the anchor point and it will SNAP completely back hidden. I think this is how I got turned around, some projects I have Smart Guides on all the time, others off, so it can be somewhat confusing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Electrohermit,

That was exactly the way I was trying to suggest.

I can see that it was too much implying rather than expressly suggesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click the handle with the anchor point tool does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it Monika, thanks. I knew it was something simple, I was trying to add a second key to the click when its just a simple click, mystery solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines