• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiply not working over black (#1a1a1a) shape

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Image Trace (Shades of Gray) on a photo of a hoodie and place it on top of a vector I made, setting it to Multiply - it doesn't show any detail if the vector is black (#1a1a1a), but does with other colours as you can see from the image below.

hoodie-overlay-2.png

Luminosity is the closest to working, though even when I set it at 15% the colours look too bright - overlay works with black, but then white suffers.

Is there a way to fix this so that the details of the Image Trace appear over all colours?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

I thnk we are having a hard time following your screen shot, adn the exact constuciotn of yoru file. 

I did these 2 layers

1. Screenshot of your image, image traced using shades of gray, set to multipy
  2. Cyan star

MikeGondek_0-1644901405737.png

This type of work is usualy better done in photoshop if you wnat better quality than just mutiply a color and gratscale together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thnk we are having a hard time following your screen shot, adn the exact constuciotn of yoru file. 

I did these 2 layers

1. Screenshot of your image, image traced using shades of gray, set to multipy
  2. Cyan star

MikeGondek_0-1644901405737.png

This type of work is usualy better done in photoshop if you wnat better quality than just mutiply a color and gratscale together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

For the screenshot I just threw together 3 examples - I probably should've spaced them out better.

I use Illustrator as my intention is to use vectors - this is for an online kit builder where users can choose between colours, patterns and so on - the files must be saved as SVG vectors and uploaded that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines