• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Illustrator 2020 is not loading Home Screen on macOS 10.15.4

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator application has had a lot of errors in the past few days. The opening page of the application won't load no matter how long I wait, the new document page won't load either. The only way to create a new document is dragging and dropping a photo into the application. My libraries window is also not working, and my delete anchor point tool is missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and the same problems remain. I didn't update the app or change anything, it just started happening.

Delete anchor point tool missingDelete anchor point tool missing

Library window not workingLibrary window not working

New document page not workingNew document page not working

Opening page not workingOpening page not working

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS?

Have you tried resetting Adobe Illustrator preferences? If not, please try doing that. Please follow the instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried resetting my preferences and it's still doing the same thing. 

My OS version is 10.15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that.

Please enable the "Use Legacy "File New" Interface and see if you are able to create new documents.

Also, you may add missing tools by following steps on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/tools.html

If it does not help either, you may also try to use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove existing installation and install the app again. Hope it helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines