Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Illustrator product key wont work

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I bought adobe illustrator cs6 on 13th July 2017, and I've just tried to add it to my computer because I had to do a reformat recently and now it says this when I enter my code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Illustrator CS& is not sold officially anymore. Someone most likely sold you fraud software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CS& is not sold officially anymore. Someone most likely sold you fraud software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what can I do, I paid £30 for the software and I ordered it off of Amazon. I use adobe illustrator nearly all the time for my art work because I can make it look polished.

also if you want to I can add the receipt to show proof of my purchase and the people that sent it to me.

I would like either like a product key that works, a refund of some sort, or you can tell me a free alternative program that has the ability to trace the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people who sold you the software are responsible for that mess.

95% of people in this forum are not Adobe staff. You might want to contact Adobe sales staff about what to do with the seller on Amazon marketplace (or contact Amazon about that).

You won't get CS6 from Adobe anymore. The only way to get it is as used software from a trustworthy seller (don't know how to find those, but for sure it will be more than 30 bucks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that someone sold you $600 software for $30 should have been a big clue. Such a ridiculous price could never be legal. Yes, you should get a refund, from the people who sold it to you, or from Amazon. . Adobe won't refund money taken by a fraudster, if that's what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, $30 WILL get you the current version of Illustrator, for a one month subscription you can cancel (don't forget). Note that the $20/month deal is a one years subscription so you promise to pay $240; read the deal CAREFULLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, this sucks.and how was supposed to know that it was worth $600?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do any of you know any alternative programs then??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try inkscape its free, but wont trace your art as well as illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a 7-day free trial of Illustrator you could use Free Illustrator | Download Adobe Illustrator CC full version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know about the free trial but it will only get me so far.

in a way, I'm thinking of looking for a cracked version.

also, I won't buy a licence because it's only one year, I only buy things that are lifetime subscriptions.

that's why I brought that illustrator off amazon in the first place because it was a lifetime subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are always alternatives, but Adobe's forums may not be the place to find discussion of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're going to steal it. I hope you aren't planning to make a living creating stuff, because you can expect people to steal all your work without paying for it. Fair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, so what.its people like you that make people commit fraud. I was asking for is so help or an alternative to Illustrator, but you don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've given the help we can: you've been ripped off, but not by Adobe. Amazon seem pretty good about refunding, though it's disappointing they don't clear out these scammers. We've told you what it really costs. We're not in the business of recommending alternatives, especially, this is an Adobe forum after all, not a general illustration software forum.

And I have not the slightest sympathy for someone who says they will steal what they found was surprisingly expensive. Do you do that at Wal Mart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you haven't given me help at all, Myra Ferguson, Ray Yorkshire, and Monika Gause have given me more help than you and I thank them for trying to help me.

But You Test Screen name you haven't helped me at all, you are a person that doesn't care about us affected because it has never happened to you.

I hope you got what you wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I really care about is that you get the facts. You have them now. And as a bonus, you know how some people feel about people who threaten to steal software. Have a nice day, and I hope you get to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be a long-shot, but Adobe events often have a software (usually a 12-month subscription to the Creative Cloud) raffle at events--including online ones, which are usually free to attend. Scroll down to the different kinds of events here Home - Creative Cloud Events, and see if there are any you might be able to attend. Adobe User Groups also get to do software raffles every 6 months, so you might see about joining one near you Adobe User Group directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines