• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myriad Pro Font Issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is having issues with his fonts in both Photoshop and Illustrator. He was able to reset the font cache in Photoshop but he has to do it about once a week. The issue in Illustrator still exists though. Here is an example of one of the times he runs into the issue. He will create a text box and by default, it will use Myriad Pro. However, nothing appears in the text box when he types. He can then go up and change the font to anything else and it will appear. When he goes back to Myriad, all of the typed words disappear except the first word. However, he can click on the text and arrow through it and the font type will appear to change from Myraid to whatever the previous font was and back again. He has uninstalled all of the creative suite and put it back on again about 30 days ago and it has happened again. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Ended up calling the support phone number and they basically said it could be anything causing it (OS update, new fonts, new version of illustrator, etc). But they did provide a work around. Close Illustrator then go to %appdata%/adobe and rename the "Adobe Illustrator" and "Adobe Illustrator 22 settings" to something else (add .old to the end). When you start Illustrator it will recreate those folders/files and it worked. It probably isn't a permanent fix but at least it is a work around. If it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another issue he is having with Illustrator. When he goes to "Find font", it has issues loading the window. He has to roll his mouse over the buttons for them to appear. His computer however is not struggling from the task manager perspective: Core i7 3.4ghz running at 3% and 16 GB ddr3 ram running at 34% with a dedicated 1GB video card (not sure of the model).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

Do you use font management?

Are all fonts checked for corruption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version is Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 v22.1

Creative Cloud V 4.5.0.329

Core i7 3.4GHz 16 GB ram 1gb dedicated graphic card

No, he only uses typekit.

It only seems to happen on Myriad in Illustrator. In Photoshop it gave an error "selected font failed during last operation". He is able to fix it in Photoshop by delete the font cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be an issue with Typekit synching the font or some conflict with the Apple Myriad font.

You might want to ask on the Typekit forum as well: Typekit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up calling the support phone number and they basically said it could be anything causing it (OS update, new fonts, new version of illustrator, etc). But they did provide a work around. Close Illustrator then go to %appdata%/adobe and rename the "Adobe Illustrator" and "Adobe Illustrator 22 settings" to something else (add .old to the end). When you start Illustrator it will recreate those folders/files and it worked. It probably isn't a permanent fix but at least it is a work around. If it continues to break, we'll try to format the HHD and see what breaks it as he uses it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplist and quickest solution for me was to just uninstall Illustrator via creative cloud app and reinstall it. Solved the issue for me only took 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the sudden I had same problem. I found Myriad font causing it and I can not save the doument in Illustrator. I had to change the fonts. One of my document was full with Myriad text. Adobe's suggestions didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your document use the versions of Myriad that are included with Adobe Illustrator? There are three Myriad font files that should be included with any Illustrator CC installation: Myriad Pro Regular, Myriad Variable Concept Roman and Myriad Variable Concept Italic. If those font files are somehow corrupted you might try re-installing Illustrator.

If the document is using other previous builds of Myriad you could try syncing Myriad from the Adobe Fonts service:
https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/myriad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines