• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help: Pencil tool resets every time i switch to brush

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on my line work for a drawing, and I like to use the brush for drawing lines and the pencil for drawing shapes.  e.g hair. 

But everytime i switch to brush, my pencil will reset.  I have it set to fill only, but when i switch to brush my pencil will change to stroke, and remove any fill.  This means everytime i want to draw a shape, I have to change those settings and it got old real fast.  So fast im now looking online for help.,  No google search revealed an answer so now I turn to you.

How do I make it so that pencil and brush behave independently from one another?. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

You cannot make them work independaendlty, filll new pencil strokes wont help.

So you want to have

paintbrush - black stroke no fill

pencil - black fill no stroke

After switching tool use Shift X to switch fill and stroke, or click the double arrow.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.47.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With nothing selected double click the pencil to open the settings for the pencil. Check that the pencil has Fill New Pencil Strokes.

The issue is that the Brush tool will use the Fill or Stroke to be just the Stroke colour. If you only have a fill so that you don't paint empty brush strokes it defaults to fill colour. So you will have stroke only as you say. I would suggest using hot keys to switch, it will not solve the issue but it will be less painful.

B is Brush (notice how the switch to stoke instead of fill comes as you paint the first stroke)

N then shift-X to go back to pencil (N for peNcil and shift-X to switch fill and stroke colour)

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot make them work independaendlty, filll new pencil strokes wont help.

So you want to have

paintbrush - black stroke no fill

pencil - black fill no stroke

After switching tool use Shift X to switch fill and stroke, or click the double arrow.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.47.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys, that shift x + shortcuts does the trick, kind of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines