• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to print in B&W

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got Illustrater updated when I recently purchased my new MacBook Pro. Since then I have the option to print Office, Internet, Emails, JPEGS and anything in B&W. However, I cant print an colored Illustrator file in B&W. The print page looks different than all others. I cant afford printing draft after draft in color!! What am I doing wrong?!

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Printer settings in the Print dialog box, is there no option to print in BW?

Can you should us the dialog box for the Printer options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pic that has an on/off button for B&W is available for any document except Illustrator. The pic with no on/off button are Illustrator file. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Page Set-up" button: does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Nowhere but I use to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you just click on "Continue"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already talked to the printer manufacturer? Is the printer driver enabledfor the system? For Illustrator?

Is this printer PostScript enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer is fine. I could print in B&W before the new laptop and the Illustrator upgrade. At this point I may bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoAnne253837278tjj  schrieb:

before the new laptop 

Which means that the printer driver might need an update or - if you updated it - the new version does no longer support features that you are relying on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though my two older laptops use to print in b&w?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of companies have no interest in supporting older models of their equipment until the end of time. So they put less effort in updating drivers for the old stuff and it also happens that they take away features. So please talk to the manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is here under setup. As mentioned your print driver may need update.

MikeGondek_0-1674355071963.png

You may want to look into purchasing a color laser printer. The inks are much less so you do not have to worry and you get many more prints before a technical issue like clogged inkjets/calibation needed. My HP Color laserjet MFP M281cdw can also photocopy, scan and has an automatic feeder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @JoAnne253837278tjj,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Mike and Monika helped resolve the problem.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines