Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 and Illustrator GPU performances ?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just bought a computer Lenovo Yoga AIO 7 27ARH6, windows 10 and 2 graphic cards of which Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060. When I use Illustrator (CC last version) or indesign, the GPU performances cannot be chosen, softwares runs on the AMD radeon integrated. No problem with photoshop who uses well the Nvidia card. In the Illustrator requirements list, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 is not indicated, so I wanted to know if this card was compatible with illustrator and indesign ? 

Driver of Nvidia : updated to the latest version. Illustrator and indesign CC last version too.

I tried to force the use of the Nvidia for illustrator card with Nvidia experience, but it does not work, it run on the AMD radeon.

Thanks for your help.

CD

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. You may try the following steps:

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel."
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop-down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop-down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select a High-performance Nvidia processor.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have already made these adjustments and others which are supposed to force the use of the Nvidia card on Illustrator and Indesign. But that was not enough. I still cannot activate GPU performance on these two software, which causes slower usage: slow zoom, slow navigation, slow moving objects. I do not understand. Both softwares tell me that "GPU performance is not compatible".

Cecile

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for letting me know that. I would suggest you try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines