• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects jumbled after copy and paste to another artboard..

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look fine in FileA.svg but when I copy a small logo part into FileB.svg while opened in Illustrator, it appears to be fine. BUT when I close then reopen FileB, the copied part is a little jumbled. Like a really bad copy of a copy of FileA's object. PLEASE help me with this. Driving my nuts. I've just wasted 4 hours...

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your FileB preferences.

be sure you use OpenGL support

be sure your documents settings are same

use the same preview method 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG is not a suitable file format for work files. As long as you are editing the file, save it as an AI file. SVG is for export.

When exporting the SVG, check the Decimals setting. It might be too low and then ruins your paths, because lack of precision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just doing this: Save As - changing it to a .svg file, done. I'm thinking that was the issue. 

Now, doing it as an Export, and upping the decimals to 5, it's better. BUT now when I upload the files elsewhere, the damn things are changing sizes! The design is a 1" tall box, but they are half that, not sure if it's an Adobe issue of my other user interface issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably made the file "Responsive"

That generally is not a good idea, because it can be set up in the HTML as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines