• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offending Command Stack error

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2010 Jun 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to print one file directly from AI, CS5.  Only part of the file prints, the design part, not the text.  Then the printer spits out another page with this message.  ERROR:  undefined, OFFENDING COMMAND: C>  STACK:  234.752.  This is an OKI C6150N, directly connected to PC via USB port.  This file was origianally on Artboard 2.  Artboard 1 (similar design) printed fine, Artboard 2 had the error.  I created a new file with one Artboard, retyped the text, copied the design.  Still same error while printing.  If I save it to a PDF file, it prints fine from Acrobat.  I recently upgraded to CS4, then CS5.  I have never had this issue before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not related to AI. These are printer errors with wrong PostScript being used. so in short: The printer driver is at fault here. If for whatever reason it cannot print vectors correctly natively, force it to print al ldata as bitmap.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, very odd, but I just downloaded the latest PS and PCL drivers, and it's fixed, thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest PS and PCL drivers from Oki.  It fixed my original printing issue with the document.  That was a few days ago.  I try to print another document today, same problem again, offending command: D Stack 311.254 on second page.  This is from Illustrator 15 and InDesign as well, same document.  I can only print the full document if I save it to a PDF.

Any other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for a long time using InDesign CS5, 5,5 and 6. Whenever I try to print to my Lanier 655c printer via postscript, it comes out blotchy with some things printing and some not, kinda squarish and the next page is just text reading stack error. I always have to print with a PCL6 driver instead of PS and that works, but it seems I should be able to print PS with the Lanier ICM and have no problems. My printer technician has worked on this problem to no end. He says the printer has the latest drivers but not sure where the communication problem is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under print-graphics change from binary to ascii

Sent via BlackBerry Torch AT&T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines