One file opens much larger in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I've had the same workflow for printing my custom labels, create the 3.3" x 4" design in photoshop, save as jpg, then open in Illustrator to create the print file. I have hundreds of these photoshop files that are the templates, and again have been doing this for years. I now have one file that when I open it in Illustrator it opens as a 16" tall label instead of 4". I've checked the size settings of the photoshop file and the jpgs created from it (in Photoshop image size shows 3.3" x 4" 300 dpi, same as all the other files). Has anyone ever seen this, or is there another setting somewhere that might be off? I'm perplexed and appeciate any help. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please share the template AI file and the problem JPG for more detailed research? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anna. Attached are the jpg file and the Photoshop file, as well as screenshots of what I'm seeing. The template is imaterial, it's when I open the jpg in Illustrator (before bringing it over to the template) that it's enlarged. I've made versions of this and all 3 do the same thing, and I've used 2 different versions of Illustrator (on 2 different computers), same thing. Any time I open a jpg derived from this photoshop file it gets bigger in Illustrator. I've tried changing the file and resaving it and no luck there either. Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-12-16 112452.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-16 112745.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot what I actually wrote originally 🙂 The attached photoshop file is the template (when I read you asking for the templateI thought of the Illustrator file I use to make the print file). So please disregard me "template is imaterial" statement. Sorry to make thing more confusing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've faced the same file behavior. It changes the resolution to 72ppi during import. Honestly, I could not solve it with JPG format, but saving in TIFF worked fine.

2021-12-17_00-56-26.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting, I'll see if that's what's happening. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see it in the files you provided, but cannot replicate the problem by resaving or exporting.

Hope it is a one off problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines