Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize and Export SVG in Adobe Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question. So we have these AutoCad diagram or .dwg files that can be either small or big. So I have been working on project to get rid of flash and I thought I would convert the .dwg files to svg using Adobe Illustrator because you can do interactive with .svg files. I did a conversion on one of the dwg files and it had 16,000 lines of code in the svg. I was just wondering if this is the right tool to use or is there a way to cut the down the lines of code?

Thank you,

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I messed up on the Code count it was 160,000 plus but I didn't some graphics that was on the .dwg that we didn't need and it cutted it down to 39,000 lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

160,000 lines of code ? That's a lot ! To see whether some kind of clever simplification is possible (in order to optimise the code and hopefully slim down the file) it's crucial to see what this drawing consists of. Could you post a screenshot of e.g. (part of) the drawing in preview and outline mode ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot hopefully it helps this is an example of a .dwg that was converted to .svg. Id for the circles are all named "path" so if I want to interact with the svg I have to manually changed the circle id to the corresponding circle number I wish I could automatically do that.

screenshot.PNG

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to edit SVG code, you will need other apps. You could try Inkscape.

But maybe you even need more of a code editor than a graphics application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AutoCad draws differently then Adobe and if you looked at the file where in Adobe there might be one line, AutoCad will create with multiple smaller lines. Try cleaning up the file in Illustrator first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the suggestions shared above, you can also refer to these helps articles:

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look at the articles.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines