Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

outlined shadow

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a big problem which i need to solve ASAP. I hope someone will know the way to do this effect. I want to create a shadow from the object, but like an outline, just like in the picture. I want the shadow to be visible, and the object inside transparent. 

Please, give me some solutions, my deadline is today. 😞Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-3 o 11.13.25.png

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The object has a gradient from white to white. Both have an opacity of 0%

Then apply the shadow and make it a knockout group. You might need to go into CPU preview to see it.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 11.51.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u mean I need to fill the object with white gradient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-3 o 12.18.34.png

i did it all - thats what happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the Appearance panel. 

demo file: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/df78d9dd-abb1-474e-5ad2-748fad323dbd 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alutka,

As I (mis)understand it, you have the three arrowhead shapes and and you wish to have the inside of yhem transparent.

I believe you can:

1) Select and copy the paths in front with Ctrl/Cmd+C+F (hold Ctrl/Cmd and press C then F), then Group them unless they already are or form a Compound Path;

2) Remove the shadow (and whichever other effects you might have (you can reduce basic appearance in the appearance panel) to  and change the fill to (fully) black;

3) Select both original (with shadow and all) and copy, then in the Tranparnecy panel click Make (Opacity) Mask.

That ought to knockout the shapes themselves and leave the shadow still visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines