• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlap not working when I Tile Large Documents for Printing in Adobe Illustrator

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this for 3 days without siccess. I followed atutorial and read multiple instuctions online I still get a missing piece to my overlap in Illustrator. Instead of repeating the image on the overlap it is reducing the image by that much. I need to use this technique daily - this is not behaving accoring to any direction that I have found so far, Can anyone here help me out? See my settings in screen capture below. I am trying to add .25" Should it be -.25? Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.47.43 AM.png

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an answer for this? I am getting really weird results when I tile across pages with 0 overlap - the tiles just don't match up and seem to be randomly different sections of the poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget that your printer may have a non-printable margin on the page size you are printing to, so if you select Tile Full Pages and set an overlap of 0, then you will be missing the 1/8" of image or so at the edge of each sheet. Set your overlap for something larger... say .5".

OR Select Tile Imageable Areas which will give you no option for overlap, but will give you all the image you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines