• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Override link preservation on duplicates

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate LOTS of PNG assets with same linked images, multitude of dimensions. Every time I start a new web banner campaign, a duplicate of AssetGeneration.ai is created + new images for the linked content made in the "links" folder.

Problem: AI preserves and internally updates all the links to the previous project folder! Now I have to manually re-link ~300 elements. Why? As I move the AssetsGenetation.ai file to new folder all the links must break if no required files are not present or import the new, updated images. It does work on Windows, not but not Mac.

Is there a "use relative links" option I cannot find, beause this is a dealbreaker.

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the previous projects folder?

To be honest I'm not fully understanding your problem - you say "AI... links to the previous project folder!", then you say "I have to manually re-link...why?" - aaahh?

Are all the links for your NEW project the same names as the old links, if so just put your new AssetGeneration.ai file in the folder with all the new links, Illy will look there first for the links. If not see line 1 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can "Export package..." and work trough that package folder if problem exists again.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't this just repeat the initial "problem" - OP: "Problem: AI preserves and internally updates all the links to the previous project folder!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expecte ppl to have difficulties to comprehen my issue with links.
Atm I've swithed to using Symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines