• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Palette windows no longer docking in CC 2018

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another thread to this and suggestion was to "Enable or turn on Application Frame" which didn't fix anything for me.

Basically can't dock palettes that aren't docked by default within a workspace.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some performance issues have been caused by having "Import previous settings and preferences" checked in the Advanced Options (it is the default) when CC 2018 was installed. It is possible that this link CC 2018 Illustrator—Don't Import previous settings and preferences might be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this Bill.

However I wonder why a user wouldn't check that box, seeing how the system automatically did it for me and reads as a time-saving step.

Does this issue occur for the majority of users?

If the answer to the above is yes then perhaps the upgrading process needs to be re-thought. I think anyone would agree that presented with the option to carry-over all settings/preferences without having to redo/re-import them is an easy decision...assuming it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this default has become a problem for many. Hopefully, it will be rethought for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines