Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone solid coated

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Dans Illustrator, le nuancier Pantone SOLID Coated n'est plus disponible dans la bibliothèque de nuances,

Pantone + cmjk coated le remplace, de ce fait il manque plein de couleurs...

Quelqu'un a-t-il une solution ?

merci par avance !

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

You need to subscribe to Pantone's software if you want their up-to-date colour books from now on.

If all you want are the old colour books as swatch libraries, you can get them by installing an Illustrator version before 26.5 and copying them from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Presets\en_GB\Swatches\Color Books

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

To be fair, this had nothing to do with Adobe. This was all Pantone's decision and consequences.

To help users, Adobe has listed workarounds including how to download and reinstall the Pantone acb files in current builds as listed in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

There are also copies of the Pantone V4 current library (last update to Pantone was 2019) available for download from various sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The library (among others) was removed from the most recent update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/illustrator/kb/pantone-color-books-illustrator.html

Going forward, the only way to access up-to-date libraries will be via Pantone's software.

However, if you have an older version of Illustrator installed, you can copy the colour books from its swatches folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, i’ll try to get the old one as you say !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si l on veut la derniere version AI , tout en gardant le nuancier solid coated et uncoted.

Comment faire..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to subscribe to Pantone's software if you want their up-to-date colour books from now on.

If all you want are the old colour books as swatch libraries, you can get them by installing an Illustrator version before 26.5 and copying them from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Presets\en_GB\Swatches\Color Books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's worked for me too.
I install Adobe Illustrator 26.4 and follow an instruction (copy swatch from older version to latest one).
This really helpful in time of need, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too...I reverted back to 26.0 and saved the swatches to my desktop on my Mac and then updated to the most recent version and saved in the same spot.

I lost so much time today fighting with Adobe asbout it. As designers, we shouldn't have to pay for access to colors our clients use for their brand...it should be included in the fact that we pay for the Adobe CC subscription! What a waste of time and a PITA....Pantone and Adobe are just crooks at this point in my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, this had nothing to do with Adobe. This was all Pantone's decision and consequences.

To help users, Adobe has listed workarounds including how to download and reinstall the Pantone acb files in current builds as listed in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

There are also copies of the Pantone V4 current library (last update to Pantone was 2019) available for download from various sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install a previous version like 26.5, you will find the color books in the Illustrator application folder > Presets > (Your language folder) > Swatches > Color Books. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some were removed in 26.5 (at least my 26.5 installation has fewer Pantone books than my 25.4 installation), so it may be worth going back prior to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally confused regarding the installation of Pantone books.

My latest update 27.0.1 did not have the solid coated/uncoated. I uninstalled that version (throwing away prefs), installed it again and the books were there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones I had in my v27 installation were:

PANTONE+ CMYK Coated

PANTONE+ CMYK Uncoated

PANTONE+ Metallic Coated

Solid coated, color bridge etc. I had to copy from 25.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines