• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Solid Swatches Missing from 2023 update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any issues with the Pantone solid swatches missing in 2023? I just updated it and those are the only color books that are missing (and the ones I use the most). Can someone help me get them back? Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 10.46.33 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Install the older version and grab the Pantone solid books from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

With all the misguided flack thrown at Adobe, to their credit they started to address some of this directly with workarounds and solutions via software updates:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/pantone-color-books-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the older version and grab the Pantone solid books from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved copies of the color books from Illustrator and Photoshop a few months ago when the news first broke. But I'm wondering if there will be any "gotchas" with trying to copy those color books into newer versions of the applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there should not be any issues -- I have been using the same older colour books for years and years.  One unfortunate truth is you won't have swatches for "New" colours. But even in the past you would struggle with that issue, because the Colour Books were out of date long before this "Pantone vs. the World" thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any "gotchas" but there was a Pantone v4 series of Color books released in 2019 that were updated beyond what the Adobe applications would install - those were v2 or 3 I beleive. If you can find them its worth using those since they will contain newer colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone share the pantone solid coated swatches? I couldn't save it from the presets files, mine disappeard after I updated the software along with the old files getting removed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install an older version (2022) that still has them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm in a mess. My life has depended on Pantone Swatch Color Books as they are used in the production of custom printed labels. Teams use the "old" formulats to mix their inks. 2023 has blown me out of the water. I don't think I have any older versions of Illustrator on my Surface since the current subscription version updated to 2023. I am not a comoyrwer guru, a production person. Where can I find the original Pantone Coated/Uncoated files and how to I add them to the 2030? Thank you-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this complete thread. You need to install version 2022 and then grab the color books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2022 is shown as 26.5.2 under the Other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried loading an older spot color book in Illustrator 2013 and it crashed my application and gave me a "no longer supporting PMS due to agreement" or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You loaded swatches into illustrator 2013? If that's the case, those swatches should have already been present (?). I honestly didn't think it was possible to download CC2013 programs anymore. Anyways, I just loaded old swatches into illustrator 2023 on a Mac - works without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2013? I wonder if that's a typo. The first version of Creative Cloud was released that year. If you have an active Creative Cloud account you can download & install one of the previous, recent Illustrator builds that do contain the Pantone color books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby,

Would you be willing to share these copies? I am running into massive issues by not being able to load the PMS colors. Thanks for considering.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do that directly. But it's pretty easy to install a previous 2022 version of Illustrator, copy the Pantone ACB files, store them in a safe place and paste copies of them into the appropriate folder of the current version of Illustrator. That's the approach I would recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I will admit I asked before really looking at the offered solutions.

I appreciate you answering. I was able to install a 2022 version and got it done.

Thank you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So easy! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pantone stopped allowing Adobe to supply the libraries.

if you still have the previous illustrator installed you can pull it from there. Or if you have the books in inDesign, you can also pull it from there.

Or install a revious version of illustrator.

swatches are located here (on a Mac):

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2023/Presets/en_US/Swatches/

Don't forget to save those libraries somewhere, so you can easily pull them the next time your software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx... great that worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that, been trying to understand the information from .helpxadobe.com - which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, (I wish the people at adobe would re-read there 'help' explanations to see that the majority of it is very confusing), plus been trawling the web for an answer. This has been so helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain step by step how to seve them because I have no clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont save them - they are .acb resource files located in the previous install folder:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator (version)/Presets/en_US/Swatches/

then drag them out or copy them to the current install folder:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2023/Presets/en_US/Swatches/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigado pela dica aqui compartilhada!
Abraço do povo Brasileiro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines