• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone swatches labeled differently

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So confused by the Pantone switchup that happened last fall. I have books for Pantone+ Coated and Pantone+ Uncoated. Those libraries are loaded into my Adobe software, but the swatch numbers are completely different now. The Adobe libraries are all called "Pantone P XXX-XX C, and they don't correlate to what's in the books (Pantone XXX U). How do I use this new system to find the swatches I need?

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you see the only 2 pantone books that are installed in the recent versions, which are not the spot colors.

You may want to copy them from an older version.

It is easy to just install the 2022 version (while it is still available).  You don't even have to open it to copy the color books. After that you can deinstall that version.

In the Creative Cloud app select Apps > All Apps > Illustrator > click the 3 dots …  next to the Open button >  click Other Versions and select 26.5.2

Go the Illustrator 2022 Application folder > Presets > (your language folder) > Swatches > Color Books > and make a copy of PANTONE+ Solid Coated.acb and PANTONE+ Solid Uncoated.acb 

Keep them in a safe place and copy them to the same location in the Illustrator 2023 application folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me a while to come back to this, but these instructions were PERFECT! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did this for my InDesign and can use the colors from the books there as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines