• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PARAGRAPH CHANGE OF WRITING DIRECTION

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems disrespectful to me that the creative cloud takes licenses that affect the free development of my work by specifically removing such tools. As a professional designer and paying user of the platform, I file a formal complaint for arbitrarily and deliberately "removing" or hiding an essential tool for our work THE PARAGRAPH OF CHANGE OF WRITING DIRECTION OF THE PARAGRAPH TAB. As a freelancer I have clients from all over the world, and I design products that go to many parts of the world, so I need various tools, in this case the aforementioned paragraph to change the meaning of the text to the right/left, typical of Asian and Arabic languages. . I have found myself in such a situation that I have lost an important job for not providing a prompt solution to this problem. I have spent more than three hours searching their forums for the solution and the only and ridiculous option they give is:

"From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe applications
Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled......

Irresponsibly, on your page, you "suggest" fixing the problem by installing an ARABIC version of the Illustrator program??? I speak Spanish and English, not Arabic... anyway, but this is obviously outdated with the latest version and cannot be proceeded with.

I demand a solution or I will be forced to file a lawsuit for damages for hiding a necessary tool for free development, which also threatens other languages, restricting their use.

I hope they answer me because I am paying to use their applications and many times, at the whims of the developers, they remove tools that are necessary for the work of graphic design. It's impossible to have a real conversation with an assistant... Doesn't the money we pay you month after month give us the right to at least be heard?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you after this highlighted Paragraph Direction option?

Paragraph-directions.jpg

If so, then I suppose these are always been in the Middle Eastern version of Illustrator, they didn't exist in the Latin versions such as English or Spanish in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that the feature was previously available in the English version of Illustrator? If so I've never seen it.

You have posted on a User to User forum so posting a lawsuit threat has little meaning here. Most of the people who post solutions here are other users who are basically offering help in their spare time. The most productive way that I can think of to help solve your issue is to submit it as a feature request which you can do at: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests. Bear in mind that adding features is usually done by whether they are needed by enough users to justify the addition.

If you still are feeling litigious then you will have to contact Adobe directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines