PARM Error and Shape Builder Tool causing Illustrator Crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.

I've run into an issue with using the Shape Builder tool and Illustrator crashing. 

Here's how it started:

1. I opened a PDF document in Illustrator. (The file's original language is in Chinese, I don't know if this helps).

2. My process is using the Shape Builder Tool to quickly fill in groups of stroked shapes. 

3. The first couple of instances, when clicking the "highlighted" areas to fill with a color, the shape would glitch out in a way that didn't appear to be related to the original shape. (Screenshot included)

4. After a couple more tries, I would get a PARM error message after trying the same procedure. 

5. After another try or two, Illustrator would immediately close. Not even slow down and crash, just close. 

I have gone through a couple of cycles of reopening the file, restarting Illustrator, and trying the same procedure in new documents. This hasn't been an issue until now and it appears to be on and off. Is there something I could be doing to prevent or fix this?

Illustrator Ver. 23.0.05  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you restarted the computer?

Did you already rebuild the preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

zero profit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines