• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern tiling from photoshop to illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have made a tile pattern in photoshop and it fits perfectly creating a large pattern. I need to transfer this into illustrator creating it into a vector tile pattern so it can be blown up. When I transfer this pattern into illustrator from photoshop and vectorise it, it doesn't match up and create a seamless pattern. Is this due to changing to   a vector? The pattern is slightly out in illustrator but its absolutely perfect in photoshop. Is there any way of creating this tiled file into vector and also matching up every line to create a tile pattern? Is this possible? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by 'vectorise' here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am not familiar with illustrator at all. I mean I need to make it into a vector line not pixels. Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but your post made it sound like you already had somehow. what does the pattern consist of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have opened my photoshop tiled pattern in illustrator and used the live trace tool to create the artwork into vector. This works but when I try and tile it the lines don't match up in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live trace won't automatically produce clean lines and of course it won't be perfect enough to make a tile from it.

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you do the Image Trace, the part you want to repeat is the tile. If you're selecting that tile and going to Object > Pattern > Make then a dialog opens that will allow you to adjust the spacing of the tiles--if that's what you mean by not matching up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines