• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working on v26.0.1

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone kindly tell me why my Wacom tablet (PTH-450) pressure sensitivity works just fine in a fresh installation of Photoshop 23.1.0 but not a fresh installation of Illustrator 26.0.1, using Wacom driver 6.3.44-2 on a brand new Macbook Pro M1 Max?

I have tried every suggestion on this board, the web and at the Wacom site. No matter what I do, I only have the Fixed and Random settings available. Pressure is greyed out.

Again...works perfectly fine in Photoshop (and in Affinity Photo and Designer, for that matter)....but totally dead in Illustrator. If you have a suggestion besides "trash prefs", I'm all ears.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

There is a helpx article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html

Probably it won't work for you, because you need to install Illustrator 2020 in order to set a specific setting in your system. Then it will also work for other versions. There are a couple of threads in this forum about the issue.

In order to get 2020, please contact support via chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked if there are any updates available for your Wacom? Have you also tried to do a new driver installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked if there are any updates available for your Wacom? Have you also tried to do a new driver installation?

By @italosan

Yes and yes. Pressure still greyed out. Again, If the Wacom driver is working for Photoshop, Affinity Designer and Photo...why not Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a helpx article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html

Probably it won't work for you, because you need to install Illustrator 2020 in order to set a specific setting in your system. Then it will also work for other versions. There are a couple of threads in this forum about the issue.

In order to get 2020, please contact support via chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Monika. Yes, you were right about your first two paragraphs... none of that helped at all. But your last paragraph? Yep, going to a live chat (not the automated one), connected me to a rep who sent me a link for the AI 2020 (24.0.0) version. After making double sure Wacom didn't sneak a driver update while I wasn't looking, I downloaded and installed the AI 2020 version and ran it. Pen Pressure worked fine in it. I quit AI 2020 and launched AI 2022. Pen Pressure was restored... so yay...and again, thank you.

It would appear that the AI 2020 version installs something that the AI 2022 version is apparently missing to make Pen Pressure work with (at least) on a Wacom tablet and an M1 MacBook Pro under OS 12.1. As I've noticed quite a number of posts on exactly this subject across the forums, you'd think Adobe might release a small installer that adds those fixes to AI 2022... or simply release an official update to AI 2022 to address the issue. I mean seriously, don't you think it is overkill to have to track down the older version and install it to fix a problem in newest release version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm, not Adobe staff.

As far as I know the engineers are aware of this issue. I don't know what exactly is delaying a permanent solution.

Issues with graphic tablets have been plenty during the last ten years. Basically there has been a lot of stabbing in the dark figuring out a solution as it can't be easily located and with all the operating systems and drivers involved it's a moving target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where can i find adobe 2020 version? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Monika suggests. I did just that and had a live chat with a rep. He sent me a link for the 2020 version and that was it. Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I is a known issue d]for a while.Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it was exactly as you said @chanaart thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines