• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool won't give me handles at an anchor point in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the pen tool to create a shape in Illustrator. While making the shape, I'm trying to create a smooth anchor point (with handles) so I can make a bend/curve in the shape. I click the mouse and hold the click to make the smooth anchor point like you are supposed to. However, when I move the mouse while holding the click to make the bend/curve it doesn't make one. Instead it makes another straight-corner anchor point. I have been unable to create any bends/curves in my shape at all.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator and am still having the same problem. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

Are you sure the mouse is quite well and up to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens it you make a corner point and use the convert to smooth point? Is that not working either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines