• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Performance] Illustrator - Crash and Data Loss

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So just like the subject says, I was working on a design, my program crashed when I was trying to import an asset. I have auto saving turned on, and just like most times when illustrator crashes, when I reopened illustrator the design restored from a recovered file. However this time when it opened, it immediately crashed again before I could save anything. When I opened illustrator again it did not open recovered files. When I look for the files manually, the folder appears empty. This doesnt make sense because I know the file restored once, so why wouldnt it be there any more? Any insight or ideas would be much appreciated! Thank you!

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Khovley,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes, especially when it results in data loss. Please note that the auto-recovery preferences may be turned off if Illustrator crashes during data recovery. If this happens, simply re-enable data recovery in Preferences.

For further help with crashes, if you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but as I mentioned, auto recovery preferences are turned on, in fact, it actually successfully recovered my work and opened with the suffix (recovered) at the end of the project name, but it shortly after crashed before I could manually save. I am wondering if that project could be hidden somewhere, or if illustrator has some setting that causes recovered files to automatically delete shortly after a successful recovery or something along those lines. Is my project now gone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Khovley,

We're truly sorry to hear that you were unable to save the file due to the second crash. We understand how frustrating and upsetting it can be to lose important work. If the file does not appear automatically after this, it's possible that it cannot be recovered. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would be happy to assist you in any way we can to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines