Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

personalized preset templates, swatch libraries disappeared in Illustrator 2023

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

My personalized templates, swatch libraries have disappeared. in addition, a script that I have been using for about 8 months. All were created and installed with illustrator 2022. I have noticed that I am now using illustrator 2023 since Oct 31, 2022. 

Has anyone had this issue?

Is there a way to recover these? 

And how do I avaoid this from happening again? 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your Creative Cloud app and turn off the automatic updates.

Next time when there is an update, you will have to install it yourself. When doing so you can migrate the old settings. Unfortunately Illustrator might give you issues when doing so.

So in order to prevent this from happening, it's a good idea to have backup copies of all the libraries and templates and scripts etc.

You can search if the Creative Cloud app left the custom items on your computer by searching in the places where they usually are stored: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines