Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place aic file into another aic

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if it's possible to do this? Here's what I've don:

• Create new file on Illustrator mobil on ipad, draw something, saved as "logo." It appears in the Your Files area
  • Created a folder in there "Folder A," moved "logo" into it
  • Created a new file, "new file," also saved in "Folder A"
  • In "new file" I go to Place, choose Creative Cloud, I see "Folder A," but no files are there

I understand that the Your Files stuff is different than my actual Creative Cloud synced files, which seems odd, bc from within the Illustrator app on iPad I can't even see the folders in my Creative Cloud synced files. I actually can't even find a way to "sync" files/folders in the Creative Cloud app on my iPad. If I use the "finder" app on my ipad, I can see local folders I've created there, one of which is "illustrator," but I can't even locate my Creative Cloud folders. On my Macbook Pro, I can open finder and locate the local version of my Creative Cloud files, save things there and they show up across all devices. 

All apps and operating systems are up to date, so there shouldn't be an issue there. This seems to defeat the purpose of being able to work across devices. Any help appreciated, TIA.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see you cannot place Illustrator cloud files into Illustrator cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Tonupbandit,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Ton, Illustrator currently does not have this functionality. Would you mind creating a UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com) for this feature request and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

As a workaround, you can save your Ai cloud document locally and place them inside the cloud document you are working on and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines