• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed file is missing in links palette

Engaged ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello smart people. Anyone have any suggestions for the following? And before you ask, yes, I've reset my AI prefs and also uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator, v27.5 on Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1 (a)... Also, I don't use Libraries, and the placed file is local on my internal SSD.

Here's the issue: I placed an AI file into another AI file, the goal being to have the placed AI file update when it's changed. The placed file is not showing up in the Links palette, either as linked or embedded. Not showing up at all. This has been working flawlessly up until yesterday. 

I can't post screen shots due to confidentiality. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? Please and thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully I solved my own problem: I deleted the file and re-placed it and now it's showing up as linked. I noticed that all my other placed images are embedded, so now I have to go and re-link those. What a pain, there are almost 20 items that have to be re-linked manually. I must not have had the right check boxes checked when I originally placed them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I must not have had the right check boxes checked when I originally placed them. "

Or you had the Include Linked Files checkbox checked when saving the file (this will embed them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines