• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin / scripts for paintings by numbers (heeelp)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are engaged in the manufacture of paintings by numbers from a photo. We need a tool that can help with Image Trace, limit the illustrator's use of colors from our palette, that is, a function in which it will be possible to set the required number of colors that the illustrator can use. After that, the illustrator also needs to divide the created image into outlines. After that, it is necessary to number these outlines with numbers. The illustrator also needs to calculate how much paint (in milliliters) is needed for this image / painting based on its size.
I am attaching an example of what the final result of splitting a photo into contours looks like (file - 1)
And a list of necessary paints for coloring (file - 2), other ways of displaying this list are possible.

At the entrance:
- Raster format (photo)
- Color palette 250 colors

At the exit :
Painted layout
Pattern along the contours (vector) + raster along the contours
Paint consumption + contour number and corresponding color name for this contour

Control:
- The required quantity for a single painting is no more than 30 colors.
- Adjusting the number of contours + selection of non-processed area
- Adjusting the sharpness of the contours

We cannot solve the problem for a long time. Willing to pay money. Thanks for any feedback

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some scripters on this forum have already had a few stabs at it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/i-need-a-script-that-groups-filled-paths-by-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but parts of the script have been removed from the resources to which their links lead 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full script is in post no.2:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/i-need-a-script-that-groups-filled-paths-by-c...

Other users have posted suggested edits below. The link isn't necessary to run the script, it's just a sample file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

К сожалению, когда я пытаюсь запустить скрипт, я вижу синтаксическую ошибку

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, when I try to run the script, I see a syntax error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the script as a text file with the extension .jsx?

I made a new document with some basic objects in and it ran fine. What is in your document? Does it work in a new file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I make the script file format .jsx
I am trying to do this with a jpg / png file
After tracing the image, the script shows the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error indicates that you saved the script as a rich text file.

Save it from Notepad or Textedit as .txt, then change the extension to .jsx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it. After some loading time, an error popped up, then I waited a little longer and the following result came out. The contours are not drawn and there is only one number in the photo 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have the image selected when running the script?

Deselect it first.

Even so, the image may simply be far too complex for your uses. If you want a good 'paint-by-numbers' image, I would imagine you need to spend a significant amount of time simplifying and rationalising the areas first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I loaded the image and traced the image, then ran the script. Is it possible to remove small paths by merging them with other large / adjacent ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tracing options you can increase noise or decrease the Path setting. As for running the script itself, I don't know what else to tell you. I get decent results converting this fairly large image to a 16 colour trace:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 154941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows that the script did not put numbers on some of the contours. And it is still unclear where to look at the amount of paint for a particular painting. But thanks a lot for the time and your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want this developed further, you should contact the scripters in that topic and this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/script-insert-text-number-in-the-middle-of-vi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines